Madhuri Dixit, Check out Madhuri Dixit’s Birthday, height, family, photo gallery, videos, awards, filmography, and more.
Madhuri Dixit also known by her married name Madhuri Dixit Nene, is an Indian actress who is known for her work in Hindi cinema. Dixit has been praised by critics for her acting and dancing skills. She has received six Filmfare Awards, four for Best Actress, one for Best Supporting Actress and one special award. She has been nominated for the Filmfare Award for Best Actress a record fourteen times
Madhuri Dixit Details
|Born||15 May 1967|
|Born In||Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Height||5′3″ (1.63 m)|
|spouse||Sriram Madhav Nene|
|Children||Raayan Nene, Arin Nene|
|Award||Padma Shri 2008|
Dixit attended Divine Child High School and Mumbai University and studied to be a microbiologist. She has always desired dance since the age of 3 and went on to practice the art of Kathak and later on to become a trained professional Kathak dancer. Dixit is not only known for her acting skills, but for her dancing skills as well. Often referred to as the “Dhak Dhak Girl“, she is famous for her dance in the song “Dhak Dhak Karne Laga” from the film Beta.
Madhuri Dixit Movies
|Prem Pratigyaa, Vardi, Ram Lakhan||1989|
|Anjaam, Hum Aapke Hain Koun||1994|
|Mrityudand, Dil To Pagal Hai||1997|
Madhuri Dixit affairs
During the making of Saajan in 1990, Madhuri had an affair with Sanjay Dutt who was married at the time to Richa Sharma. Despite her father’s objections, the relationship continued. However, with Dutt’s arrest under TADA in 1993, Madhuri ended the relationship.
Madhuri Dixit with her husband Sriram Nene
On 17 October 1999, Dixit married Dr. Shriram Madhav Nene, a cardiovascular surgeon from Los Angeles, California. They have two sons, Arin (b. March 2003) and Rayaan (b. March 2005). After her marriage, Dixit relocated to Denver, Colorado, for almost a decade. She moved back to Mumbai with her family in October 2011.
Madhuri Dixit Social Work
1. In 2001 Dixit won Rs. 5,000,000 on Kaun Banega Crorepati, a game show then in its first season on the air. She directed that her winnings be donated for the welfare of victims of an earthquake in Gujarat and to an orphanage in Pune.
2. In 2009 Dixit performed for NDTV Toyota Greenathon—India’s first-ever nationwide campaign for saving the environment and creating awareness about environmental issues.
3. On 4 February 2012 Madhuri Dixit interacted with Cancer affected children on World Cancer Day which was organised by Pawan Hans Helicopters Ltd at Juhu, Mumbai.On World Cancer Day Pawan Hans Helicopters Limited offered a Free Joy Ride to Cancer affected children with the support of Cancer Patients Aid Association.
Madhuri Dixit Television appearances
- In the year 1985, she appeared in the Rajshri Production’s TV show Paying Guest. She came into the first episode of the show as Neena.
- In 2002, Dixit hosted a TV show Kahina Kahi Koi Hai which was a match-making show that aired on Sony Entertainment.
- She also made appearances on Koffee with Karan in Seasons two and three that aired in 2007 and 2011, respectively. Her Season 2 appearance was a solo appearance and in Season 3 she shared the chat show with Sonakshi Sinha.
- In 2014, Madhuri made her third appearance on Koffee with Karan and on its fourth season alongside Juhi Chawla. Dixit has been a guest on Nach Baliye Season 1 and 3, a celebrity-couple dancing competition in 2005 (aired on Star One) & 2007 (aired on Star Plus).
- In 2011, she appeared as a judge on the dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 along with other co-judges Remo D’souza and Malaika Arora Khan.
- In 2012 and 2013, Dixit rejoined Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5 and Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 6 along with her co-judges Remo D’souza and Karan Johar. Madhuri also appeared on Indias Got Talent as a guest judge on two separate occasions for the promotion of her upcoming movies Dedh Ishqiya and Gulaab Gang that released in early 2014.
- Later on in 2014, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa was renewed for a new season, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 7 where Madhuri Dixit returned to the judging panel for her fourth time with her co-judges Remo D’souza and Karan Johar.